Serving Size: 4
1 spaghetti squash
Oil, to brush
Salt and pepper, to season
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided in half
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 mozzarella cheese
1/4 Monterey jack cheese
Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400º F / 200º C.
2. Half the squash and scoop out seeds.
3. Brush the inner flesh with oil, season with salt and pepper. Place squash cut side down, and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Then let cool.
4. Use a fork to scrape the squash strands and “fluff” it up.
5. In a saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Slowly stir in milk and beat until there are no lumps. Bring the sauce slowly to boil, stirring the whole time until the sauce is thickened.
7. Add all four cheeses to the sauce and stir until melted.
8. Pour the sauce into the squash halves, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, and stir to ensure the squash is coated in the cheese sauce.
9. Bake until the filling is hot, about 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!